In the last 12 months, everyone in the tech industry has been excited about the amazing possibilities of Web 3. From Big Tech, where Facebook has repositioned itself as Meta and Microsoft is envisioning an enterprise metaverse, to investment firms led by Silicon Valley founders and tech influencers, everyone has hyped the possibilities of the third Web era. With a new usability and the components of Web 3 based on blockchain protocols and with NFTs as the engine of the hypetrain, decentralised apps and metaverses open up completely new possibilities for brands and rights holders in sport.
In this PLAYBOOK, Malte Otremba, Vice President Global Growth at SPORTFIVE, breaks down Web 3 and hosts a conversation with fellow panelists Saorabh Sharma, Director Global Business Development at SPORTFIVE, Matthias Jahn, Director Rightsholder Management at SPORTFIVE, and Markus Basedow, Senior Director Global Esports at SPORTFIVE. They discuss the hype of Web 3, its entry points in a business context and – with the help of concrete cases – what impact Web 3 has on aspects of art and collectibles, gaming, finance and technology.
- Why you should care: Topics that make Web 3 and its components relevant for brands, IP- and rights-holders
- Versions of the web over time: differences and characteristics from Web 1.0
- Blockchain, (N)FTs, metaverses and dApps – the essential components of Web 3
- What owning an NFT entails, what are essential elements for success and how sports business can use them to its advantage
- How business opportunities are created in the Metaverse via NFTs
Curious about more PLAYBOOKS? Simply sign up using the form below and never miss another PLAYBOOK from us.
For further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.